Onboarding Process Development
Onboarding Research - In Fortune 500 companies alone, about 500,000 managers take on new roles each year, and overall, managers begin new jobs every two to four years. Unfortunately, in the midst of all these transitions:
- Half of all senior outside hires fail within 18 months in a new position
Half of all hourly workers leave new jobs within the first 120 days
Market Opportunities - New employees who â€œfitâ€� quickly ensure you can count on them to contribute quickly. A satisfied workforce of new employees that can quickly adapt to a new company can capitalize on changing trends in the marketplace for the types of projects you manage.
Mission Alignment - This is created when new employees understand their new jobs and all related expectations, as well as having a sense of organizational norms (both formal and informal), and knowledge about the vital interpersonal relationships and information networks that they must establish.Current Resources/Technology - A new onboarding program will include specific technology depending on the job and responsibility. Automation in onboarding speeds up new employee assimilation into your company, mitigating delays due to saddled bureaucracy, so your performer can start performing quicker! Here are simple ways to speed up the necessaries:
- Company mobile apps make valuable information available on the go, whenever a high performer needs to check out important company info.
- Online signatures can be used for any initial paperwork or welcome packets.
- Online task lists show high performers the onboarding activities to knock out quickly. They can also alert members when anything is completed.
- Employee self-service portals make collecting personal information instant, from direct deposit to tax withholdings to emergency contacts.
Ocean Sales will provide recommendations on onboarding systems to consider based on an evaluation of the existing onboarding culture and defining an onboarding / people value consistent with best practices to build a strong employment brand.